Why Coho for US Large Cap Equities?
- More than 20 year track record, annualized outperformance versus both the S&P 500 as well as the Russell 1000 Value
- True diversifier in your portfolio due to contrarian periods of outperformance and low volatility
- Protecting principal in corrections, keep up resonable well in upmarkets
- 100% alignment as investment team invests their own capital wealth alongside you as an investor, employee owned
- ESG version available since 2011. ESG is in Coho’s DNA, full integration in investment process, trying to steer companies in sustainable direction
- Concentrated high conviction portfolio with a high active share
Who is Coho Partners?
Coho Partners, founded in 1999, is an independent employee owned dedicated boutique manager specialized in US Large Cap equity. Coho manages assets for institutional and individual clients.
Coho Partners Commitment to ESG
The ESG portfolio was established in 2011, while keeping the characteristics of the original strategy that dates back to 2000 in place. The integration of ESG considerations into the investment process is a natural extension of the investment approach. The investible universe defined by Coho, consists of companies explicitly chosen because of their long history of stable business models, solid growth, excellent management teams and shareholder friendly practices. These high quality companies tend to have high levels of awareness and engagement in sustainable practices and good governance making the proprietary ESG evaluation methodology complementary to the core philosophy and process.
Principal Investment philosophy
Coho’s investment philosophy is based on the premise that the most effective way to create and sustain wealth in the equity markets is to achieve an asymmetric pattern of returns over time, where the portfolio demonstrates a down market capture considerably less than its up-market capture. This combination should ultimately provide an opportunity for better than market performance over an economic cycle, with less than market risk.