Candoris works together with Pacific Asset Management, a specialized institutional fixed income manager based in Newport Beach CA.
Pacific Asset Management, the firm:
- Founded in 2007, wholly owned by Pacific Life
- Focus, corporate credit strategies only
- PAM presently manages US$ 10.4 bn, of which US$ 3.8 bn in Senior Loans
The Investment Philosophy is as follows:
PAM’s approach is based on three core principles: Fundamental Analysis, a Focus on Larger Issuers, and Capital Preservation.
This provides the backdrop for PAM’s distinct investment philosophy:
- Fundamental Analysis - Fundamental credit analysis is the cornerstone of PAM’s investment process
- Selective Construction - Building portfolios utilizing selective construction allows PAM to articulate their views on security
- Top Down Market Assessment – PAM incorporates a Top Down assessment to complement their bottom-up analysis
- Team Approach - A robust process, where all members of the investment team review, challenge and share investment ideas
- Capital Preservation – PAM focuses on companies they believe will meet their debt obligations, thus mitigating downside risk and preserving investor capital